How to volunteer for Nourish Pierce County
- Register at volunteer.nourishpc.org
- After you register, and with your permission, we conduct a Washington State Patrol Background Check.
- We will call you with information about orientations and more and send an email with times, locations and registration links.
- Attend an orientation – Tuesdays online at Noon, 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 5 PM and 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 6PM. Note:
- Once you attend orientation, you can sign up for your first shift!
Nourish Pierce County is the largest network of food banks in the county. In 2023, we served more than 59,000 individuals. Because of the COVID-19 health crisis and resulting unemployment, we have been serving record numbers of people since the spring of 2020. With only 24 full-time employees, Nourish depends on the services more than 1,000 volunteers to help maintain the operations of our 21 distribution sites and warehouse facility.
The safety of our volunteers, clients and staff is the number one priority for Nourish. Learn more about our COVID-19 Safety Measures and Response.
Qualifications to volunteer include the following:
14 years or older (14-17 years only must have guardian’s authorization to volunteer, and guardian must volunteer alongside minor volunteer.)
Be able to stand for 3 or more hours
Be able to bend, lift, and carry 25 lbs.
Pass a criminal background check
For more information, visit our Volunteer FAQ page.
We cannot accept court-ordered community service at this time.
If you have any questions, please email the volunteer coordinator at Volunteer@nourishpc.org
Thank you so much for believing that no one deserves to go hungry.