It’s only because of caring and generous people like you that we’re able to serve nutritious food to well over half a million people each year in Pierce County.
We always need more help! Volunteers are needed every day except Sunday. Consider volunteering as a group with family, friends or colleagues. Need community service hours for school? Volunteer with Nourish Pierce County!
On food distribution days – volunteers may greet and check in clients, accompany clients through the food bank as they shop, restock shelves, help clients load groceries and return shopping carts to the food bank.
On preparation days – volunteers may sort food products, repackage bulk foods into smaller portions for distribution, restock shelves and break down boxes. Some volunteers assist with picking up food from local grocery stores and other locations, or receiving food deliveries and unloading delivery trucks.
Youth volunteers give so much to our organization – youth ages 11-13 can volunteer with a parent or guardian, and youth 14+ can volunteer individually.
The best way to learn about volunteer opportunities and the huge impact volunteers make is to sign up for an orientation.
Orientations are held at multiple locations throughout Pierce County:
- Administrative Office – 1702 S 72nd St, Ste E, Tacoma, WA 98408
- Lakes Food Bank – 6900 Steilacoom Blvd SW, Lakewood, WA 98499
- Graham/South Hill Food Bank – 10425 187th St E, Puyallup, WA 98374
- Edgewood Food Bank – 3607 122nd Ave E, Ste E, Edgewood, WA 98372
- Southeast Tacoma Food Bank – 1704 85th St E, Tacoma, WA 98445